(Just to clear up some confusion, if there is ever any, I wanted to give a thorough explanation of my Barnaby. Like a crash course of his psyche. This way, everyone knows some of his traits, likes, dislikes, etc. The boring things that make him who he is. I personally don’t think this page is necessary at all, but you never know who might need it! So, if you do, I hope this helps!
Barnaby Brooks Jr. is in his mid-twenties, has golden blonde hair, has a lovely shade of green for eyes, and is 6 ft tall. He’s lean-muscled and is as blind as an old woman without his glasses. He rarely takes off his gold chain (he wears it in the shower, while he’s fighting criminals like a BAMF, sleeping, etc). His favorite color is crimson. He’s the newest Hero in Sternbild City, and he’s making his debut with high popularity and incredible talent.
A Deeper Look:
Barnaby takes a lot of things seriously. His job, for instance. Work is very important for him: he does what his superiors say with little to no questions asked. When he wants to get shit done, by God, shit gets done. His level of determination is nothing to scoff at, either. Barnaby is also a very compassionate guy. At first glance, however, this seems to be a false statement. Around people he isn’t very comfortable with (mostly the entire human race), he acts nonchalant and stern. He’s pretty intimidating if you don’t know him, but that’s because of his defense mechanism. The walls are up and he’s always on guard because he’s afraid to get emotionally wounded. At four years old, he witnessed the murder of his parents, and to prevent another tragedy like that in his life, he keeps people at a distance so if he loses them, the loss won’t hurt him as much. The murder of his parents also contributes to his major trust issue. By trust issue, I mean he has trouble trusting ANYONE. You never know who can turn their back on you, and this is Barnaby’s philosophy. Keep everyone far from your heart, and you should end up fine. His emotional instability is also questionable because of his parents’ murders. People that disrespect their memory are faced with a hysterical (and pissed) Barnaby. The mystery behind their death is a bit of an obsession for him. He’ll get information by any means necessary, and if that means beating the living crap out of a few guys, so be it. In short, he gets very worked up by a lot of things.… BUT BUT BUT. THERE IS A BRIGHT SIDE. If someone can somehow break through his walls and earn his trust, that caring side of him will be exposed. You’ll see him laugh a bit. His smiles will become genuine. He’ll do his best to keep you safe from danger. He’s a nice guy, truly, it’s just hard to see that because life dealt him a cruel hand.
- He despises the nickname “Bunny”.
- He is a notorious tsundere
- He is a boxer brief kind of guy
- Barnaby loves to cook. And not just soup, rice, and all that usual crap. He likes to think of himself as a somewhat seasoned chef. He likes to experiment with ingredients and try new recipes. If he hasn’t cooked it, it’s probably because he hasn’t heard of it yet.
- Barnaby learned how to cook under Mr. Maverick’s roof. Since Maverick was a powerful man in the Hero TV world, he was at the office more than he was at home, so Barnaby began to spend his lonely hours by himself in the kitchen. He experimented for years, and with enough practice, he became an excellent chef.
- He’s a little OCD with cleaning his apartment. Everything is spotless (not just because he only has a chair and bed in it…)
- Barnaby’s a hygienic dude. He cleans and cuts his nails regularly. He brushes his teeth, uses mouthwash, and flosses regularly. He showers as often as he can.
- He’s not a heavy drinker. He’ll enjoy a glass of wine with a friend, but that’s usually it. Only rarely will he get hammered, and it’s usually with his partner, Kotetsu.
- He’s a very giggly and positive drunk. The alcohol dulls his defenses and lets him release his inhibitions.
- He always has hand lotion and chapstick on him. He’s not a fan of dry skin. Period.
- Exercising in the morning is his favorite time to do it.
- Loud noises are incredibly unpleasant, according to him.
- Tea is his favorite thing to drink. If he’s exhausted, he’ll have a gallon of coffee with him.
- Barnaby loves to read, and he strongly believes that television will rot one’s brain (even though his career revolves around TV appearances…)